Sunday 19 July 2015

Colchester Carnival 'Heroes + Villains'

I think that one can safely say that yesterday's  'Heroes + Villains' themed Carnival in Colchester was a major triumph. Organised by the Colchester Round Table and the Ladies Circle of Colchester, it was a day of family fun in the most glorious sunshine. I have never seen so many people in the Town. Proof if proof be need be that Ye Olde Colchester is on the up. Next year, however, they may want to make sure they don't organise it for the same day as the Essex Food and Drink Festival.  I think the lure of John Torode and James Martin hanging out at Cressing Temple was too tempting for all the great local foodies here as the food options were very thin on the ground. But my son met Spiderman and got to hold a real life Soldiers gun so he wasn't remotely bothered by the lack of artisan sausages.

Anyway, here are some snaps:



The Castle with it's very smart new bridge. I don't think I'll ever get tired of taking pictures of this.


Hollytrees Museum















No comments:

Post a Comment