Sunday 17 July 2011

A very emotional 24 hours.

I learnt a couple of pretty important things this weekend amongst spontaneous episodes of crying.

1. I have absolutely no nice underwear whatsoever, not for wedding dress shopping at least.
2. The Wedding Kracken deep inside of me has been well and truly awoken and I definitely have the potential to evolve into a full scale Bride Monster.

The wedding dress recce yesterday was way more succesful than I ever imagined it would be. Despite going to a shop that was based in the kind of area that people go to do murders, I am 99% sure I have got my dress. It was the first one I tried on. That was easy, I have no idea what the fuss is all about. This of course, is really great news but I wasn't quite prepared at all for the emotions that were to spew out of me.



On reflection, trying on a wedding dress and choosing the right one is a pretty big day in a persons life, which I hadn't really given much thought too. The appointment for the fitting came 4 days after I decided to go, so I didn't have weeks of waiting and thinking about it. I also didn't think the first one I tried on would be so perfect, so it all happened very quickly indeed. Things were fine in the shop and it was very happy and exciting but then when we went to look at a possible venue, the crying started. I think it was a combination of feeling overwhelmed by excitement and also feeling very sad that I am not in a position to have been able to share the experience with my mother. It really felt like another big moment in life that should involve your mum but sadly I don't have that kind of mother. Thank god for Twitty McPhee and Phil the adult Bridesmaids thats all I can say!

So after a small blast of hysteria and nose blowing we had a few cocktails and a spot of grub at the possible venue. It was also brilliant and I'm hoping that we will be able to hire it for the wedding. If this is a goer too, then this wedding planning really is a piece of cake.





I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home last night, slept like a log and actually had a dream about the dress. Seriously. I think this means it really is my dream dress. As if that wasn't enough excitement for one weekend, today we received some unbelievably amazing news this morning. A Top Secret Benefactor who shall be remaining anonymous, for the time being at least, has offered to help us with some of the costs of the big day. Just typing the words is making me cry, it really is the most emotional weekend EVER.

NB: I obviously want to keep the dress shop and venue a secret so if you recognise where they are, please keep it under your hat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment