Thursday 7 July 2011

Bert in a Box

As a midweek adventure, my friend and I spontaneously decided to go to see 'Bridesmaids' last night at the cinema. We were planning on going to the Aubin and Wills, a small but very luxurious (apparently) cinema on Redchurch Street, Shoreditch. I have been wanting to go there for quite some time having heard how amazing it is inside despite the fact that tickets are about 15 quid each. Unfortunately, we under estimated how popular the film would be and by the time we got there all the damn tickets had sold out. I think that can happen when the cinema only has about 6 seats. Annoying.




Luckily the evening was not a complete disaster as we did have some quite delicious food and drinks instead. First up, we went to the Dragon Bar on Shoreditch High Street. I've never been here before although I did used to go to the Dragon Bar which used to be on Leonard Street but this one is a vast improvement. We sat upstairs at street level but there was also a bar downstairs which looks like you might be able to hire it for functions. The staff were very friendly (shock) and the food was delicious. My friend and I shared a Lamb Kofta and the amazing Bert in a Box. I had never heard of a Bert in a box, but we were quite brave and ordered it any old how and I'm super glad we did. It was a Camembert in a Box that had been heated up so it was like a tub of hot liquid cheese. Complete heart attack on a plate but 100% worth it. Dragon bar gets a high 8 blocked arteries out of a possible 10 and I will definitely be going back.






We finished off the night at The Redchurch (also on Redchurch Street) which I haven't been to in ages and it was also lovely. Cocktails are a bit pricey, between £10-£12 each with some having 'POA' next to them which is a bit ridiculous, but a a very nice place to go for a treat. The Redchurch can have 7 Mojitos out of a possible 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment